Rules and Regulations
1. If you go quicker than 6.40 you must have a full roll cage, fire suit, helmet, gloves, neck collar, 5 point safety harness, NHRA Competition license, and chassis must have a current NHRA chassis certification.
2. Refer to the current NHRA Rule book for full information.
3. Gates open at 1pm. Time Trials at 2pm
4. Time Trials - Every car may have a total of TWO time trials. If you run a Quick class (Top Dragster, Top Sportsman) your qualifying runs (which are separate) will count as your time trials. Super Pro and Pro time trials are combined.
5. Dial in for $ will continue this year.
6. COURTESY STAGING - is required for Bracket racers
7. TIME OUT - Once 3 bulbs are lit you have 10 SECONDS to stage before being timed out and receive a RED LIGHT.
8. CROSS TALK is used in all electronic classes. The system computes the difference in dial-ins and holds the top amber bulb on for the difference in the dial-ins on the lane of the faster car. Then the tree comes down as normal. This will be included on bye runs as well.
9. DRIVERS LICENSE - Required. You may be asked for proof.
10. LADDERING - Quick T/D and T/S classes will be paired using cards with the quickest qualified car receiving lane choice. The 1st available bye run will go to the #1 qualifier if he/she is still in competition, if the #1 qualifier is out or already had a bye run the cards will be used to determine bye run.
11. DEEP STAGING - Not allowed.
12. WORKING TAIL LIGHT - One is required
13. CAR NUMBER - Shall be permanently displayed on the driver’s side of the car (legibly) to be seen from the tower. If using a dial board make sure it stays mounted on the car for the entire run. The use of diamond cut or “fancy” numbers make it difficult for the tower to read. The use of 6”x 11/2” wide white, block style letters/numbers are recommended.
14. A Driver may not drive more than one (1) car in the same eliminator. If your car breaks after 1st round you CAN NOT drive another car in that eliminator.
15. A Driver may drive the same car in separate eliminators.
16. Mufflers are encouraged in all classes.
17. Random tech inspections will take place. Disqualification will be at the Race Directors discretion.
18. All racers are required to comply with ALL 2011 NHRA & TXR rules including chassis certification and Licenses.
19. Foot Brake/Sportsman Foot Brake classes - These are foot brake classes NO Delay boxes, Throttle stop controllers, automated throttle stops, or any device that relays vehicle performance or on track location other than OEM equipment is PROHIBITED. Line Lock allowed only on non- driven wheels. Button for line lock cannot be mounted on the steering wheel. Line lock device is not to be used for launching the vehicle. All wiring to line lock must be visible and traceable by tech inspector. Trans brakes are not to be used as a launching device. Two and Three step rev limiters are PROHIBITED. Only manually activated nitrous systems (push button) will be allowed. Disqualification will be at the Race Director’s discretion.
20. If you are having trouble with your car and feel you need an additional time trial talk with the tower and they will work with you.
QUICK CLASSES (T/D,T/S)
SPORTSMAN FOOT BRAKE
All racers are required to comply to ALL Current Year NHRA rules including chassis certification and Licenses.
As a racer it is your responsibility to know the following:
In consideration for being allowed to participate in events, I affirm that I have read, understand and agree to be bound by all K& K, NHRA and Texas Raceway rules, regulations and agreements, including, but not limited, to those contained in on the K & K Insurance Waiver I signed at the entrance gate, NHRA Rulebook, with specific reference, and TXR rules but not limited, to the rules, regulations and agreements contained in the Administration Procedures and Appeals Section of the NHRA Rulebook which are incorporated herein by reference. I have the authority to bind the vehicle’s owner to these terms if the owner is someone other than myself. I understand that K & K Insurance, NHRA and TXR makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that technical inspections, including review of any written information, will:
agree that I bear responsibility at all times to ensure the safety of the
vehicle, equipment and clothing in question and compliance with all K & K
Insurance, NHRA and TXR rules, regulations and agreements, including, but not
limited, to those contained in the K & K Insurance waiver, NHRA Rulebook or
TXR rules. I agree that I am in the
best position to know about the construction and operation of the vehicle,
equipment and clothing in question, and compliance with all K & K Insurance,
NHRA rules and TXR, regulations and agreements, including, but not limited, to
those contained in the K & K Insurance waiver, NHRA rulebook and TXR rules.
I agree that participation in any and every aspect of the sport of drag
racing is a privilege, not a right, and I wish to participate in accordance with
all of the foregoing.
GOLF CARTS, SCOOTERS, BIKES, FOOT SCOOTERS
You must be 16 years and older to drive a motorized scooter/ATV/etc to assist parents
WITH PARENTS PERMISSION ONLY
have a drivers license to drive
a golf cart or scooter.
The following will NOT BE ALLOWED:
NO BICYCLES OR FOOT SCOOTERS ALLOWED AFTER DARK BY ANYONE UNDER 16
PARENTS TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY & HAVE FULL LIABILITY.
YOU MAY LOSE POINTS AND/OR ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY IN UNDER AGE CHILDREN ARE DRIVING!
are RESPONSIBLE to know and follow all race rules.
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ASK!!